Thursday, July 5, 2012

My First Tomato!



Isn't it grand? My first wee tomato. I almost missed seeing it. They do hide you know, kind of like those sneaky weeds that disguise themselves. Trimming the tomato plants seem to have helped. This one is an Early Girl variety and seeing that it is only the beginning of July and we haven't had much sun that is pretty good I think.

We are due for a long stretch of nice weather so things should start really happening. I checked the potatoes which are getting huge and flowering nicely but no potatoes yet. Maybe a couple more weeks and I will check again. Should be soon! The beets are growing well and I really should thin them. I did pull out two small ones but it kills me to do it. I actually steamed the little guys along with some potatoes and they were very tasty. I have to get tough and thin a bit more and then will have to tackle the carrots. Saturday will be the last day before we move so I had better spend some time there as I probably won't be able to spend a lot of time over the next week. I will have to go and water the tomatoes though at least once!


I took a wander and took a few pictures of one of my favorite gardens. It is one that we noticed when we were first scouting out my plot. They have four plots and they are gorgeous. Pictures don't do it justice but here are a few and I will try and get better ones next time. They have a flower garden, kitchen garden, veggie garden and all sorts of interesting items that are recycled and made use of. It is a great place to get ideas for reusing things. While I was there a hummingbird was enjoying the red flowers there.







Love, love this little fence

No comments:

Post a Comment