Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gift of Time

How often do you wish for more time? I frequently wish that I had more time to do the things that I enjoy.  Perhaps that should be my New Years resolution?

My problem has always been that I like doing too many things and don't put in the effort to just one thing. Whether it is a good or bad thing or not I don't know. We are all different and I guess I get easily bored with just one thing. The down side of this is that you don't get really good at something but pretty good with a lot of smaller things. I don't think I can change but the one thing I can try is to block of chunks of time to devote to some of the things that I do enjoy.

It is worth a try. After working all day, I'm tired and sometimes it is all I can do to make dinner, do dishes and watch tv. I'm going to try and spend at least an hour after I get home from work doing something I enjoy, like writing this blog, photography, painting, gardening or quilting. If I don't have the energy for doing that perhaps read a book or get on the treadmill. Definitely the treadmill.

I have been given a gift this Christmas season and that is a gift of time. My office shut down and my husband was working so I have been able to catch up on numerous things and to actually do a bit of painting. I put it off, partially because I'm scared that I can't do it and will mess it up. Does it matter if I mess it up? Who cares? It isn't like I have to put it on display. No one has to see these things but me. I don't even know if anyone reads this blog so I can post it here since this is kind of a personal diary.

Painting and photography have always been a way to enjoy gardening as well. I love taking pictures of gardens and then attempting to paint them. Here is one that I have started working on again.

A beautiful garden


I quickly sketched this on the canvas and promptly
abandoned it for months.

It's coming along now with a bit more work but still more to do....

Of course being who I am I am also working on two others plus one in acrylic and now I want to go back and do some watercolor as well. No wonder I get nothing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment