Sunday, March 16, 2014

Yummy pizza!



This I had to share. It is a lovely pizza that is so easy to make and if you are like me you will start making these pizzas yourself they are so good. You can change it up a bit like I did and add whatever toppings you like. The original recipe again I got off Pinterest and here is the link to the website. It looks like there are other yummy recipes there as well.

I think the trick is to not make it too loaded with sauce. For mine I used whole wheat tortilla shells and to that I added some of my home made pesto sauce (from last years garden) along with some olive oil. I then spooned over a thin coating of pizza sauce, some thin red peppers, capers, sun dried tomatoes (in oil) chopped. After you have added your toppings I put a sprinkling of romano cheese, just cause I like it instead of parmesan and a sprinkle of pizza cheeses. Not too much. You don't want it to be too heavy.

Place pizzas directly on rack in oven that has been preheated to 375˚. Bake for 7-8 minutes. You might want to put a drip pan underneath in case the edges fall a bit.and the cheese drips. Thank you Daydream Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment