Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring is coming...

Well, it has been an interesting winter. I thought we were almost going to get off scot free with no snow but Mother Nature decided to intervene. I can't say I wasn't expecting snow but I was sort of expecting it a bit earlier, like December or January.

I took these shots in February and it was beautiful. Still wet but green. 

So lucky to live near this beautiful walk!

Gate near Bert Flynn Park

Bert Flynn Park

Scarecrows at a deserted community garden

A few weeks later I awoke to this. 

View outside our back patio two weeks ago

It is pretty though but hard to get too excited about gardening when it looks like this. We even had to get out the snow blower!

It has all melted now and I have gathered up leaves from the flower beds in the back and put them in bags to take down to my compost at the community garden when I go. Not sure when that will be as it is very very wet. I haven't been quite as excited about things yet this year but I'm sure it will come. I guess there is too much going on for me at the moment but hopefully things will change and settle down soon.

Spring is coming..... I know it is. I saw my first hummingbird in the yard this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment