Monday, July 8, 2013

Guilty

I have to admit that I I am the type of person that can feel guilty over everything. You name it and I feel guilty about it.

The other day while deadheading some ‎Nicotiana I had a surprise twinge of guilt. I saw a teeny little black slug inching toward it with the intent of nibbling on it. I was about to pluck it off and toss it over the fence when I looked closely at it. It wasn't one of those huge yellow things that leaves a trail of slime behind it hell bent on destruction. This one was actually if I must say it, kind of cute. Black with teeny antenna slowly twitching. It stopped me in my tracks and I felt suddenly kind of guilty for trying to get rid of it. I hate to admit it but I tossed the deadheaded flowers directly in it's path and fled the scene of the crime.

My remorse didn't last long however, as all the new plants that I recently purchased have been chewed mercilessly ever since. Slug Bait here I come. I just won't look at the darn things!

No comments:

Post a Comment