Monday, July 8, 2013

The great potato experiment

Well the jury is in. My bagged potato experiment is over for this year. All in all I don't think it was much of a success. For the amount of work and sea soil that I put in the bags the potato's that I grew were a pretty miserly bunch. With one bag I think I might have got 10 potatoes and pretty small. The other one did quite a bit better but really for the amount of effort I don't think so.

Maybe I planted too early in the year, who knows… Would I do it again, doubt it. I might try and find another use for those bags for next year. At least I'm not too worried that I won't have enough potatoes as I have tons in the big garden but if I planned on feeding a family on these we would all starve. With the cost of the bags and soil it just wasn't worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment