Friday, January 31, 2014

Swiss Chard Tart


Over the winter I have finally gotten around to looking though some of the recipes that I tried this past summer to make use of my garden produce. Again Pintrest has been a great source of new recipes.

I have really enjoyed the Swiss Chard that I grew this year and plan on growing lots this coming year. The first year I didn't grow it but I have to say I like it better than spinach. The spinach I grew this year bolted and I just didn't get any to speak of. The Chard was awesome. In the spring when I first started picking it I loved just steaming it and eating it like spinach. Being so busy with trying to keep up with all the produce I didn't get much farther than that. Later on the one recipe I did try and love was for a Swiss Chard tart. I actually made it a few times over the summer

The one I made was based on this recipe that I got from Pintrest.  I do sometimes make my own pastry but with working and tending the garden I was just too busy so I bought pre-made pastry and you know, it was fine.  I didn't add as many eggs as the recipe called for (I only added two) and I threw in a spoonful of bisquick to thicken it a bit it. One time I didn't have any plain yogurt so I added sour cream. I also always add more cheese, cheddar in fact to go along with the feta. I am a big fan of sundried tomatoes and they are lovely in this pie. As I have always said everything is better with cheese!

A quick sauté

 Mixing all the ingredients together

 Voila!

Anyway it was very good and it makes great leftovers. I even took it to work for my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment