Sunday, August 5, 2012

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes


I love this saying and I think it is very true. I so wish I had thought of it. I'm thinking of ordering the T-shirt.

It is fun to walk around and see what everyone is doing and saying in their plots. Usually it is just signs telling people not to pilfer their veggies and then you get this one....



The weather has been incredibly hot. My eggplant is doing well and loving the heat. Cucumber's too. Not so sure, however if I like eggplant so much but they say fresh is the best so I will try it. So far everything that I have grown is so tasty. I picked two cherry tomatoes and my hubby and I had one each. Oh they were so good! A couple more are starting to turn red so I'm hoping that my hard work will pay off. The heat is such a good thing for them.

I harvested a few potatoes last week and came home with a big bag. They are beautiful. Not quite as sweet as the little new ones you buy but really good. I think I like the red ones better, they seem sweeter but I only dug up a couple of them. You can only eat so many potatoes (even me) so I will leave the rest and harvest them later.




A pretty cool mason bee house

No comments:

Post a Comment