Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mmmmmm



Oh tomatoes... how long I have waited for you.

Mmmmmmm

When I went to the garden on Wednesday night I was surprised at just how many there were.

I have an eclectic assortment of them. One Heirloom, one yellow and red cherry tomatoes and two early girl. They were so heavy a few green ones were on the ground so I am trying to ripen them in a paper bag. If that doesn't work maybe I will try fried green tomatoes. Whatever happens not one will go to waste.

Oh please, please let there be no blight until they are all ripe and picked!


The heirloom tomatoes are a bit strange. Kind of misshapen but they taste pretty good. This large one here made a very tasty salad for my husband and I. It was lovely, made with home made basil pesto and fresh mozzarella. It doesn't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment