Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And so to bed.... almost

Or shall I say the long goodnight.

My little garden is halfway to being tucked in. Another month and it will be bedtime for a while. My visits will probably be once a week now to do a bit of cleanup and harvesting.

The flowers are starting to die back, except for those sweet peas. They are going crazy. I wish I had them at home so I could pick them every couple of days. Note to self, plant sweet peas at home!! They don't last long after they are picked but they sure smell wonderful. The sunflowers and still going strong. One of them was so heavy it fell over but luckily I was able to tie it up. The stalk was very thick and it was quite the effort to tie it to the fence it was so heavy.


My carrots are starting to finally get bigger. They are mostly still a bit deformed but I actually got a couple of almost normal ones. Not sure if any will last until the first frost. It will be tempting to have the whole garden finished by the end of October.


I'm actually looking forward to not going twice, three times a week. I love it but I need a break, a break to dream and plan, to figure out what to grow next year and where to put everything. I want to make a simple greenhouse in the spring with plastic tubing and heavy plastic and to also put up a fence between my plot and my neighbours.

I will miss this.

Fresh tomatoes, pesto and bocconcini!

No comments:

Post a Comment