Sunday, January 27, 2013

Heaven

My resolution is continuing nicely. I'm trying really hard to stick to it despite a few obstacles.

I decided to try A Barefoot Contessa recipe from the new cookbook Foolproof that I got at Christmas. I bought the ingredients on Thursday after work intending to make it Friday night. I did my best with the ingredients. The gorgonzola wasn't exactly what was indicated in the recipe but my supermarket only had one kind. Fresh basil is also hard to find so I substituted my home made pesto from my garden grown basil. The tagliatelle I could not find or at least the stuff I saw looked like angel hair pasta and the picture looked more like thick fettuchini. The rest was pretty easy to buy cream, prosciutto, peas, garlic, onions,  and parmesan.

On Friday I was almost derailed again when I found out that my hubby lost his job that day. Granted he had only been working there five months after being laid off previously but it is always a kick in the pants never the less. I guess if there is a silver lining he had been looking for something better as he really hated it. I didn't feel much like cooking but instead of wallowing I poured us a nice glass of wine and I got cooking. I was so glad I did because the results were delicious! It was just what we needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment