Sunday, May 5, 2013

Busy Busy


It's been a while since I last posted anything. Family issues, work overtime and just life in general have made it hard to post. Plus the fact that I needed to get out in the garden well.... you kind of have to do what you have to do.

Despite everything the community garden and my home garden are full of surprises. More so at our new home where things are popping up and I have no idea what some things are. It is fun to guess and it is something that I'm definitely getting better at. I pretty much pegged the tulips (which were gorgeous) and growing out of some bricks and the surprise clematis. Not sure yet what kind of clematis it is but I'm loving that I knew what it was when I saw it and didn't yank it out thinking it was a weed. Other than that I will wait and see. I'm just loving the little squirrels that come (I've named them Chip and Dale) and all the birds who eat all those darn ants that seem to seek every opportunity to try and get in our house!

The rebar pegs to hold up the hoops

We just need to brace the centre and sides (tomorrow)
The community garden is in much better shape than last year and my hubby and I put up the start of a hoop house which will house the tomatoes this year and hopefully for the next few years. My potatoes, peas, lettuce, radishes and kale are all coming up and my tomatoes are growing nicely inside. I have so many that I will be giving away some plants this year.

It has been a very productive (and busy) weekend and hopefully will post more pictures of the finished tomato house soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment