Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Great Kale Experiment



Well, the kale pesto was interesting to say the least. It wasn't horrible, but I can't say it was something that I would probably make again. I added some sun dried tomatoes to the mix which I think added something nice but I don't know, it just wasn't as good as basil pesto in my opinion.

My meat loving husband I don't think was too impressed but he is pretty good about trying new things and said he liked it. I think he would have liked it with some meat in it. It made a lot and I still have almost a cup of it left. This after tossing it with quite a bit of pasta (special Italian pasta at that).

I hate to waste anything so I think I will make a nice sausage lasagna and throw the rest of the pesto in with that. I think that might do the trick.

BCLiving has a great website where I found the Kale Pesto recipe. There are lots of other recipes there for kale and it looks like I will have a lot of it to experiment with!

No comments:

Post a Comment