Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Work Party

The backs of my legs are very very sore. I spent two hours doing my community garden work for the work party on Sunday. I spent two hours pulling weeds. It wasn't really much of a party. At least these ones were pretty easy to pull as it has been raining so much. It was a cloudy day so it wasn't too hot. There were three of us and we managed to get quite a bit done. I had two full wheelbarrow loads for the compost. It looked quite tidy when I left. I wonder how quickly they will grow back. It didn't look like they had been done for a while.

One of the "weeds" that one of the other gals was pulling was foxglove. I took a bit back for my flowerbed which is kind of bare at the moment. I know it does tend to spread but since I have never had any success with it I thought I would give it a try. My flowerbed is pretty much a hodge podge of stuff and my poor rhubarb is keeping everything company.


There was nothing too much to do in plot except for water my tomatoes which are busy flowering and pull the odd weed. I decided to steal (thin) a few radishes and some mesclun greens. Just enough for a wee salad to go with dinner. Very simple but quite yummy.


I wonder when I can start stealing potatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment