Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ouch

It even hurts to type. I snipped my left pinky finger cutting back my tomatoes.

My neighbour gave me some tips on my tomatoes, and the big one was to trim back the parts that aren't a part of the main plant but of course keeping any of the flowers. She showed me the ones in her greenhouse which helped. It is quite difficult for me to trim anything back so it was good to have a visual. I have always hated to trim plants even though I know they do better with a haircut. She said that if I wanted beautiful tomato plants then don't trim them but if I actually wanted lots of tomatoes, well you know....


I also brought the walls up on my tomato cover as it was kind of steamy in there which didn't allow for the air to circulate. I was merrily trimming away and snipped my finger with my very sharp scissors. OUCH. One thing I did learn from this is, bring bandages and some kind of tissue. We had brought our lunch but I hadn't packed any napkins. I still had some work to do so we wrapped leftover wax paper around my finger and tied it with some plant ties. Afterwards I realized two of my fingers were wrapped but I thought I would leave it as is until we could get home.

I picked some more kale and intend to make kale chips with it. There sure is a lot of it. With the leftover kale pasta that I made the other day I decided to shake it up by sauteing some onion, mushrooms, ham, cream and more parm cheese. It was pretty tasty. Doesn't look too hot but better than just kale pesto.


It tasted better than it looks

No comments:

Post a Comment