Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rain rain, go away!

It is still very wet out there. I had to go water my tomatoes even though it has been so wet. They are probably good now till next weekend. The weather is supposed to stay wet all week. Yuck!



I feel so sorry for the owner of this plot. Some areas of the garden are really really wet. There are pools everywhere. What we need is a few days of solid sunshine to dry things up. Birds are having baths in the grassy areas. Cute but kind of scary at the same time. My plot is still fine. It is a farther walk but on higher ground. I would rather walk and have it higher than be at the front and be under water. I now see why raised beds are so important.

Supposedly we have another week of wet wet weather and then summer comes. It is about time! I still can't complain, my tomatoes are outgrowing the greenhouse. I think I might have to take it off soon and rig up something a bit higher for them. I don't want to expose them to the rain but they are quickly outgrowing the tent. Can you imagine what a little sun could do.



The soil must be okay. The potatoes are getting huge and I see a small zucchini on my zucchini plant. My cucumbers aren't doing that well and I think I might have a mole digging outside my plot. I see the tell tale signs of a pile of dirt. I sure hope not. The second plantings of sunflowers are coming up so all we need is some SUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment