Sunday, October 14, 2012

Remembering the Summer

This has to be the best spot. What a view!

I think I'm suffering from garden withdrawal. When you are used to going out 2-3 times a week it is hard to adjust to not going out at all. It is hard to get used to a different schedule. This is the first weekend that I haven't worked in the garden for months.

It is a really miserable day. Has been raining and raining hard for three days now. I can only imagine the pools of water at the garden now. I do need to make one more trip to spread some leaves, pick the remainder of the carrots and bring home any sticks. The leaves are beginning to fall in copious amounts so as soon as things dry up again (hopefully) I will try and get a few bags of them and tuck everything in.

We do need the rain but this is rather a lot of it but then this is Vancouver or the Wet Coast as I like to call it and if it didn't rain so much it wouldn't be so green.

I'm trying to get my studio all set up so that I can start to paint. I wish I was better at it but I do want to make a better effort to pay more attention, see more and experiment more. My garden photos are going to come in handy I hope.

I'd love to paint this! 

Days like this I like to reminisce about the beautiful summer we just enjoyed.... and for my garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment