Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fingers Crossed

Since last weekend it has rained every day. Not your little sprinkles kind of rain but cold miserable downpours.

It was such a beautiful weekend last weekend and I was hoping that the weather would hold long enough to get the frames for my raised beds installed. My fingers are crossed that tomorrow (Friday) will be the day. The weekend promises to be nice although in Vancouver it can change in a heartbeat.

I'm itching to get the boxes topped up with compost and manure and get a few early things planted.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what John has come up with for a gate for the front of my little plot.

I keep making lists of things to take with me and tomorrow I must remember to stop at Starbucks to pick up some coffee grounds that they sometimes have for gardeners. I hear that you should sprinkle it around your carrots to discourage root maggot. The rest will go in the compost. Hopefully I can find some leaves for the compost as well. It looks to be a busy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment