Monday, April 30, 2012

Raised beds

Early Sunday, John called from the garden and since the weather was good (for a change) he had decided to get going on the frames. He was lost as he had only been there the once and with over 250 plots it is easy to lose your way. I gave him directions over the phone and said I would head over in a couple of hours.

My hubby and I headed to the garden a while later to hopefully see him but just missed him and his helper. My little garden was full of almost all of the boxes neatly assembled. There is still some work to do but it is a wonderful start.



The fence I was a bit surprised at. Different than I had envisioned and larger. I knew when I saw it that it was too big and I would definitely get in trouble unless it was shortened to the size of the others. When I spoke to John he said no worries, he would fix it and bring it down in size. What a nice man, he understood and didn't complain at all. I think it will look great when it is all done and as long as it doesn't shade the neighbours it should be fine. The only shade should be on my own plot and I don't mind a bit of shade. The lattice will be wonderful to grow sweet peas on. It is pretty fancy but time will weather it and make it part of the garden.

The fence and gate can wait and as long as the boxes are done I can get them all prepared next weekend as long as the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment