Saturday, February 2, 2013

Seedy Saturday

After a very frustrating week, it is finally Saturday. I'm trying to keep positive so I decided to try to grow my own seeds... early... really early.


This is an idea from Keven Lee Jacobs website A Garden for the House. I bought six packets of seeds and my thought is that when I have enough milk jugs I would plant them. Having only three so far I decided to plant delphiniums, bee balm and foxglove. The delphinium seeds were very tiny and there sure wasn't many of them. You could hardly see them and I'm estimating maybe 10 seeds. Actually all the seeds were pretty tiny but the other two packets had more in them so I only used about half. I bought McKenzie for the Bee Balm and Delphinium and Mr. Fothergill's for the Foxglove. I would have liked to have bought West Coast seeds but unfortunately Home Depot doesn't carry them. Next weekend when I go to my seed starting seminar I will be sure to get the good stuff at the garden centre.

In the winter I get kind of desperate to grow things. It will be interesting to see if this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment