Sunday, March 17, 2013

Monsoon!

It feels like it has been raining 40 days and 40 nights. We have had A LOT of rain. I kind of forgot about my little milk jug project outside and found them swimming in water. I don't hold much hope for anything there. You never know though. I will just leave them for a while longer and see if anything grows. Everything in the back yard is looking so brown except for the splashes of crocus here and there which is always encouraging. It is fun to see things pop up. I have no idea what has been planted so it is a surprise. In my mind I know how I would like it to look and I hope I can get a lot done this year.


My little seedlings are doing really well under the lights and my parsley and cilantro are also beginning to sprout. I was going to plant a flat of basil but the package said to wait until April, urg, I'm so impatient. I love, love, love basil. Probably my favorite herb. I want to grow a lot of it for pesto. I've been rationing what I made last year and I'm down to one little cube. Last year was pretty good but it could have been better. I bought two packets for this year and hopefully it will do well.


My potatoes in the grow bags look pretty soggy. It hailed a bit yesterday with some big wet flakes of snow later but today it is a brilliant day. Blue sky but still pretty cool. The little Douglas squirrel has been getting me to feed him some peanuts today but it is pretty much a lost cause there. The blue jays watch where he hides them and then go and dig them up. Poor little pea brain but he is cute.

The back yard is so soggy I feel very unmotivated. As a matter of fact I don't feel like doing much of anything. The rest of the day might be just relaxing, unless of course I can convince my hubby to go for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment