Saturday, March 9, 2013

More Home Cooking

I can hardly wait to start my herb garden. I did plant some cilantro and parsley in my seed trays this weekend as I guess they take awhile to germinate. All the recipes that I have been wanting to try use bits and pieces of herbs and it kills me to have to buy it. Everything is in those plastic packets and who knows how old everything is.
 
Last weekend I tried a couple of new recipes, both from the new Barefoot Contessa cookbook Foolproof. One sounded so strange I thought it might be good using sausages and grapes. I halved the recipe and used only one kind of sausage but it was really good and super easy. I will definitely make this one again.

 The other was a Penne pasta dish, pretty simple as well with two cans of good Italian tomatoes, onions, cream, hot pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and another rather different ingredient, a cup of vodka. It was good and easy but I kind of thought it was a waste of vodka. Probably won't make it again. I might however do an adaptation on the sauce and use red wine instead.


 Hopefully I will be able to put in my peas and potatoes in the allotment garden this weekend so I'm going to try a slow cooker roast pork in the crock pot. I saw the recipe on Pintrest and it sounds easy and lets face it really nice to come home to after a day in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment