Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday adventures


The weekends sure go fast, especially when the weather is nice.

My wishes came true and a little hummingbird was at my feeder. Just one and a little girl but I'm not complaining. My feeder was ready for her and it was funny, on Saturday morning I was stirring up a fresh batch and my hubby said what are you doing? I said making hummingbird water and on that note he looked outside and there she was.

Didn't get a chance to get to the garden Saturday but Sunday I drove out and took a couple more bags of compost and planted some kale, radishes, spinach and lettuce. The garden looked good and not waterlogged at all. No sign of the peas or potatoes yet which is fine. My rhubarb is starting to come up and it looks a bit scraggly but it always does at first.

Afterwards, I went for a bit of a walk to look and see if there was anything interesting happening. Lots of birds having a great time, the swallows are back and I did see a coyote run by so spring is definitely here and I hope to stay. Did a little work in the back yard and I have decided to purchase a raised bed kit from Home Depot and the best thing is they deliver. It will be great for the back garden experiment.

Mine! 



The other bit of news is that I looked in my little outdoor milk jug experiments and saw green! Yes, the foxgloves and delphiniums are both sprouting. I might have overdone it as they are also starting to sprout in my seed starters. Oops! Oh well, I can take some to the community garden as well and I do have a lot of dead space in the back yard where I can put them. No sign of the bee balm or columbine yet but fingers crossed!

Will be starting my tomatoes, basil and butternut squash in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment