Sunday, March 3, 2013

Beautiful Sunday!

It has been a very productive weekend! Rainy all day Saturday but got lots of inside stuff done. We did manage to get to the garden centre and I bought three bags of Sea Soil.

Today was gorgeous especially after the weeks torrential rains. The backyard needed some major work. My hubby proceeded to get rid of the kiwi tree that wasn't doing much of anything and I cleaned up the beds of leaves. They are now bagged and ready to go either to the allotment compost or to be dug into the bed here. Haven't quite decided yet. I set up the potato bags and planted four potatoes in each using some sea soil and compost. Should be interesting....


The jays were in fine form bugging us for peanuts. There had to be 20 of them out there. The little native squirrel was very brave so I think the previous owners must have been feeding him. He got his share of nuts and after he ate his fill he kept coming up and getting more to hide. Lucky I bought nuts yesterday too!


I feel good about what we managed to accomplish although it doesn't really look all that different. We were out there for three hours and I can sure feel it! It is still pretty brown out there except for these nice surprises.


That's the thing, when you move into a new place it is always a good idea not to do too much digging around and to wait and see if any bulbs come up.  There are a few crocus, yippee! Maybe if I keep feeding the squirrel nuts he will leave them alone. Still have a lot to do out there.

Here's hoping that next weekend will at least have one nice day. I would love to get out to the allotment and plant my peas and potatoes. If that happens it will be two months sooner than I was able to do it last year so fingers crossed.

Well, off now to plant a flat of seeds.... Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment